Tuesday, January 18, 2011

KUISHIN-BO- GREAT WORLD CITY

I had nothing to do after school, so I decided to go kuishin-bo to eat the buffet there. Cost me a total of $33 for the buffet. I heard comments saying that the restaurant has a nice variety of desserts and so, of course, I went there to check it out. It does have a wide variety and I was overjoyed.





I had their appetizers first of course. The mixed salad with the ume sauce is very light and refreshing! I like it. It has a bit of the sour taste but is not too overly sour. Then the potato salad is a bit rough and bland for me. However the kani mayo salad is nice even though the mayo is too strong. The one with the cucumber in the glass is one of the appetizers. It has cucumbers, marinated squid and seaweed in it. I like it too. Good for appetizers. The tofu with some black sesame sauce and cod roe is nice too but taste-wise, is bland compared to the marinated squid.



Next, I have the sashimi and the sushi. The salmon and the tuna sashimi is nice. Cut to the right thickness and fresh. But the hamachi is too thin and lack of freshness as compared to the other two, unfortunately.The sushi is mediocre. Nothing too special. The egg is not as sweet as I like to be, the unagi is too thin. But I like the salmon skin roll though. Is crunchy:D



To the fried sections, I had their ebi tempura, seafood kakiage, butterfly prawns, soft shell crab and the fried lotus in a stick. I love the fried lotus in a stick the most. The soft shell crab has too much egg in it. I chose the wrong part of the crab. And is too soft and soggy. The ebi tempura has not much crunch in it, so I do not really like it. Seafood kakiage has been left in the open for too long that it is soft too. The butterfly prawn just came out from the kitchen when I took it, so I was lucky to get the fresh one. I like the sauce and the mayo with the crunch. Nice.





For the hot section, I had the fried rice with ebi sakura, the vegetable cooked with ebi, the dango and the prawn egg. I don't like all of them. The fried rice was too dry, the vegetable was too wet, dango was just mediocre and the egg was tasteless.



This is my first time trying the oden. I like it though. Is very warm to the stomach. Nothing to say much about this except this is like the Japanese version of Yong tau foo. Healthy.




Then I had the Egg Tepanyaki. I thought it will be like omelet where there will be stuffing in it. But to my disappointment, is just egg. Nothing special about this. Just egg and is too eggs. Wonder how many eggs did they use in this. The mayo does not help too. Sweet egg plus sweet mayo= overly sweet dish.



Desserts time! As mentioned, they had a wide spread of desserts and so I kind of overindulged myself. First I have the strawberry tarts, the assorted tart, the green matcha cake, the green tea mochi and the assorted cake ball.I love their tarts. Crumbly and sweet. The strawberry is fresh too. But not much of the custard that I like. The assorted tarts, I like too. I had a few servings of the tarts. The green matcha cake was tasteless though. And the green tea mochi with red bean filling does not suit my appetite even though I like both combination. The taste is not strong enough and the texture of the mochi is not chewy at all. The assorted cake ball is mediocre and I can live without eating it.



Second serving of the desserts. Had the fondue (marshmallow and strawberry) I did not know fondue will freeze this fast and by the time I wanted to eat it, the sauce has frozen and stick to the plate. Got it out with much effort but is nice. Tiramisu is not my favorite cake so I do not like it. But the creme brulee is nice. It just melts in your mouth and is not too overly sweet and eggy. The cake there has a hint of cheese in it so I do not really like it though is refreshing. The 2nd serving of the tart! HA HA.



I love green tea. So, I also had the green tea ice cream. Topped with lemon sauce, peanut crumbs and chocolate sprinkles. Love it! Had two servings of this. HA HA

Overall, Kuishin-bo has become one of my favorite Japanese buffet. It has a wide variety of quality desserts and food. I tried the strawberry pudding too and is nice too! It is quite affordable for me too. Love it and I will definitely come again soon.

In the end, I was so full that I quickly went to the toilet to relieve myself. HA HA. My stomach hurts a lot and I can't even eat my dinner since I a still very full.

No comments:

Post a Comment