Friday, February 11, 2011

Angus House - TAKASHIMAYA

After Cedele, we went to Angus house for dinner. I always love the place. Nice atmosphere and food. Ordered the dinner set which comes with appetizer, salads, soup, complimentary bread, main dish, dessert and tea or coffee. I did not take the picture for my salad coz my mother ate them and the dessert, well I ate it before I remembered to take. haha fail. But the dessert is tiramisu anyway. Angus House has always been the place for my most favorite tiramisu cake The taste is not too heavy and does not have a strong taste of the coffee. I like it a lot.



My dad love the complimentary bread a lot! He said that the bread is crispy and warm. Fresh from the oven. Eat it with butter, a journey to heaven



The appetizer is pan-fried cod fish on a bed of mash potato with avocado puree. It is light and refreshing, good for appetizer. The cod fish is pan-fried nicely with the outside crispy and the inside moist and soft. No fishy smell at all. The avocado puree is nice and light. Mash potato is also very natural with no addition of
butter.



The soup is very creamy and heavy with a very strong taste of milk. I do not like milk so I gave this to my dad who likes it a lot. And dipping the bread into the soup, is another 'wow' experience according to him.



My main, I chose mixed seafood grill. I like it! The king prawn is nicely grilled, succulent But, a pity that it is too thin. However, I like the fact that the meat is easily de-shelled. the scallop is nicely seared, well at least one of them. The second one, I think it is a bit raw, is not cooked enough yet. Cooking a scallop perfectly is hard I know, so, I do not really mind. The grilled squid is the best in my opinion. It is sliced easily and not too springy. I like it!

Angus House will always been one my favorite restaurant to eat with y family members. Not only because of the food but also the overall atmosphere. Relaxing and calming. Good for chi-chatting and spending some time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment