Monday, February 7, 2011

Crystal Jade - TAKASHIMAYA

Went to Crystal Jade for lunch with my mum. I was not craving for any rice or noodle so we went to have dim sum instead. However, mum had the craving for Japanese food so went to order the yakiudon.



The stir-fry black-pepper yakiudon taste very bad for me. i knew it that it was wrong to order fusion Japanese dish in a Chinese restaurant. Regret it. The sauce is watery and I can't taste the black-pepper. Even though the noodle is fry nicely, the watery sauce totally killed it.



The cha siew pau is just normal. I have eaten better ones. But I do like the fact that there is not much of pork fats in the bun.



The dough fritter wrapped in skin roll is nice! I like that the dough fritter is crispy and the rice skin is not too thick. But I think that the sauce should be more hot to make it nicer. Mum's favorite dish.



The egg tart is buttery and crumbly. I like it and almost finish all 3 of them but stopped at 2 after thinking of the butter content in it. The cha siew sou is my favorite dim sum food but I was disappointed as it did not meet y expectation. But it is still nice, just not superb. Have high expectation of it.

Crystal Jade is a nice casual-dining restaurant. It is not too expensive and affordable for all. However, the quality of the dim sum is not at its best. Just normal but worth eating when you have a sudden craving of dim sum and crystal jade is the only place you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment