Monday, February 7, 2011

Vienna - UNITED SQUARE

I went to Vienna at United Square for their lunch buffet at a price of $32++. Has been wanting to try this out since I always find it crowded and reviews say that it is good.



When I enter, they gave me a complementary soup of Buddha jumping over the wall. It was light and refreshing.







Then I went to the salad bar. It has a nice variety of fresh salad with unique dressings. Went to try the mandarin orange dressing and it is light and refreshing. I like it. The lotus root is too sour to my liking. Ham is nice and I love the pasta salad and the prawn salad. Light and refreshing Opens up your appetite.



The sushi is so nice! I like the sweetened tofu filled with rice and the soba. Light and not too much rice in it that makes it heavy. I like sweet tofu. The smoked salmon is also very good. Nicely smoked and fresh. However the sashimi was not. The clams is nice too, paired along with the sweet & spicy sauce.





The fried items are nice too. I love the durian fried ball! The durian paste inside is warm and the outside is crispy. Love it. The tempura is nice too. There is a cereal prawn in the menu but i only took the cereal because I love it! The vegetable is just well, vegetable, what you expect. satay is nicely marinated and fritter is crispy.



The prawn cocktail is nice too. I like it that the prawn is fresh.





Desserts are limited. Had the green tea cake, strawberry shortcake, fruit tart and the black sesame rice cake. All are mediocre.



Chocolate cake is not rich and is too rough.

They had fondue and ice-cream too. Had a few servings of it.

Overall, Vienna had a wide variety of hot dishes but limited desserts. I like their fried items very much. They also had egg tarts but I only got to eat it once since they just started serving when I am about to end and I am already full.

No comments:

Post a Comment