Monday, February 7, 2011

Kiyadon Sushi - EMPORIUM (JAKARTA)


Went to Jakarta for CNY celebration (Yes, I am Indonesian:D) Since I had nothing to do in the mall, me and my brother went to Kiyadon Sushi for lunch. It looks so nice, the place is so peaceful and I love the setting. White and neat. Inside, it is surrounded by sakura tree and you can choose to sit beside the bar or on the table inside the shelter (LOL, shelter inside shelter).



The first thing I noticed is the conveyor belt. Instead of those conveyors that is frequently used in sushi tei, sakae sushi and other sushi joints, they use boat and water to transport the food. So the sushis are put on the boat and it floats on water following the direction of the route. It is so cool!!



I took the salmon skin roll from the conveyor belt. I like it. The rice is firm and the salmon skin is crunchy. Love it.



Then, My brother ordered the spicy salmon sashimi roll. It is tasty. Better than the ones in Singapore but after trying other dishes in the restaurant, this just taste normal.



Ordered the new style sashimi salad. OMG! Best sashimi salad ever! I like that they sprinkle a lot of the deep fried shredded crab stick onto the salad. I love it. The sashimi is fresh too! And the greens are crunchy and refreshing. There is seared tuna there that is so nice! The prawns there is fresh too with octopus. NICE!!



The chef also made me a dish that is out of the menu. He suddenly asked me what I like in a roll. I said: crunchy,spicy and smoked. And out of a sudden, he made a roll for me! He smoked the salmon sashimi, put spicy sauce in it and made a roll. Then he sprinkle the deep fried shredded crab-stick on it (my favorite! And he put A LOT!) The taste? AWESOME! I Love it!! BEST EVER!

The service by the chef is superb. He talked to you and treat you very politely. Staffs too. However, at the end, there is a slight confusion in my bill since they lost it and misplaced my change. Had to wait around 30 minutes for it. However, the staffs apologized sincerely, so I was not angry. I enjoyed my experience here and I think this restaurant is so much better than many Singapore sushi restaurants. I hope I can find one like this in Singapore. Of course, the price is not cheap, but for that price, I think I am willing to fork it out happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment