Friday, February 11, 2011

Ichiban Boshi - GREAT WORLD CITY

Went to Ichiban boshi at great world city for dinner. I was not really into eating sumptuous food so, went there just to fill myself up and relax. I was craving for rolls anyway, since the time I went to Hachi Hachi and Kiyadon in Indonesia. I was hoping to find the same excitement I had in Ichiban, but sadly, it failed to meet my expectation.



First, I had the sushi roll fried in tempura batter and topped with lobster (mocked one I think) mayo. I like it that it is somewhat crispy. But, it is just plain normal, nothing extraordinary about it.



I ordered the deep fried salmon skin, thinking that it will be light and crunchy dish. However, the taste is a bit bitter and not enough crunch. I think it is too thick sadly. The little mayo that was put on top does not even help to cover up the bitterness.



I also ordered the salmon carpaccio. The sashimi was fresh, but the teriyaki sauce is so mild that the dish is tasteless.



The last one is the deep fried ebi tempura roll topped with sakura ebi. It is nice and light. This is the better dish out of all. I like the ebi tempura as you can taste that it is nicely battered and fried and the rice is nicely rolled too. The sakura ebi also make the roll to have an interesting and unique taste of it.

Overall, Ichiban sushi is a good place to dine if you just want to fill yourself and avoid any frills. However, if you expect any spectacular food, this is not the place to be at. However, I do have to admit that it is much better than Sakae sushi and Sakura though... no offense.

No comments:

Post a Comment